Application programming for CCG3 (CYPD3120)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuIc_4620061
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi,

I want to add my application into firmware sourcecode of CCG3 (CYPD3120).

I don't know where I can start. I opened the notebook example project in PSoC Creator 4.2 and looked at firmware code.

I was able to compile succesfully notebook example project without changing anything.

I want to activate and use SPI interface and 2 GPIO inputs (buttons), 2 GPIO outputs (LEDs).

1) Where and how can I add code?

In the projectd there are some other files that I don't get clue what they are.

2) For example at top there is TopDesign.cysch file. What is this file for?

3) How can I get the memory size after compilation? Because I want to know how much emty space I have.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. For CYPD3120, the application based on this part number is C to DP dongle with USB billboard. If you want to develop your firmware based on this application, you should use the example code in the link of SDK3.0.2.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

And the PSoC Creator is PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1. Please download the package of the SDK includes PSoC Creator 3.3.

If you want to use the CYPD3125 notebook example code, please kindly make sure it is DRP design with DisplayPort Source firmware。

For your question.

>> The place you can add is file app.c. This is application layer of the project.

>> The Schematic Editor displays the top-level schematic file (TopDesign.cysch) as a document window, and the Component Catalog opens to display a list of components to use in your design. Refer User Guide of PSoC Creator:

pastedImage_1.png

3) How can I get the memory size after compilation? Because I want to know how much emty space I have.

>> You can re-build the firmware with PSoC Creator directly, you will get the memory size.

For all of your question, you need read get start of PSoC Creator at first. If you have been installed PSoC Creator, you can get the documentation from HELP>>Documentation.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. For CYPD3120, the application based on this part number is C to DP dongle with USB billboard. If you want to develop your firmware based on this application, you should use the example code in the link of SDK3.0.2.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-sdk-v302-ccg2-all-applications-ccg3...

And the PSoC Creator is PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1. Please download the package of the SDK includes PSoC Creator 3.3.

If you want to use the CYPD3125 notebook example code, please kindly make sure it is DRP design with DisplayPort Source firmware。

For your question.

>> The place you can add is file app.c. This is application layer of the project.

>> The Schematic Editor displays the top-level schematic file (TopDesign.cysch) as a document window, and the Component Catalog opens to display a list of components to use in your design. Refer User Guide of PSoC Creator:

pastedImage_1.png

>> You can re-build the firmware with PSoC Creator directly, you will get the memory size.

For all of your question, you need read get start of PSoC Creator at first. If you have been installed PSoC Creator, you can get the documentation from HELP>>Documentation.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes