After Successful PD Negotiation CCG3PA is not responding for Get Sink Capabilities message from the DUT

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

We are using CCG3PA PD module in our design. and we are facing issue when DUT initiates Get Sink Capabilities, CCG3PA i unable to respond with GoodCRC.

After Successful PD negotiation with PDO-1, We configured CCG3PA to request for the 2nd PDO, and CCG3PA is able to request the next PDO whatever we configured.

regarding initiating the request message we had a discussion in the below thread and we are able achieve whatever we required.

CY4532 EVK, Initiating PD Data message from CCG3PA

And Now with one DUT we are facing an issue with CCG3PA that, after requesting for 2nd PDO, after successful PD negotiation, DUT is initiating GetSinkCapability message but CCG3PA is not responding for this Get Sink Capability.

I have attached screen shot for working Capture (Default PDO request), and Non-working capture (2nd PDO request). I have attached waveform also, for decoding the waveform you can use GRL application from the  link : https://graniteriverlabs.com/download-center/#GRL-USB-PD-A1

1. 1st Case: Default PDO Request  (Working Condition)

1.png

2. 2nd Case : behavior of CCG3PA after PDO 2 PD contract (Not Working)

2.png

Quick response is appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Prasanna,

File->open will open only the configuration file/table whereas, File -> Read from Firmware file will read the configuration from the entire firmware .cyacd file.

Can you please read the configuration from the both the DUTs directly(working and not working) using the EZ-PD configuration utility and compare each parameter?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please share the cc logs and the .cyacd (config table) file that is loaded on to the device with us?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

Thanks for the quick response, As I mentioned in my previous post, I have attached CC line data Capture file. "Both PD contract and req 2nd PDO.wmc.zip", To decode this CC line capture log you need to download the decoder software from the link :  https://graniteriverlabs.com/download-center/#GRL-USB-PD-A1  and download the software

GRL USB Type-C™ Power Delivery Performance Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-A1)

Are you expecting any other cc logs for your further debug ?

I am attaching .cyacd file and as well config.c file for you.

In this .cyacd file, We are using GPIO (P2.3) interrupt(Active low) mechanism to initiate request for other than PDO-1(In this case I configured to request PDO-3), Default keep the GPIO connected to HIGH, Connect Source Device Default PD negotiation occurs, after that generate the interrupt from P2.3 by connecting it to LOW. so that CCG3PA will ask for Get Source capabilities and DUT initiates Source capabilities and CCG3PA will request for 3rd PDO, this PD negotiation will complete successfully. and when DUT asks for Get sink Capabilities CCG3PA failed to respond for Get sink capabilities message.

This scenario I tested with two DUT's out which with one DUT it works fine, and with other DUT I am facing above mentioned issue.

Please help me out in fixing this.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know which build version of EZ-PD configuration utility are you using,  I am unable to open the cyacd file using the latest EZ-PD configuration utility.

Is it the same issue with other port partners (source device) as well?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

Below are the Cypress Tools Versions that I am using.

PSoC Creator - 4.2

PSoC Programmer - 3.27.1

EZ-PD Configuration Utility - 1.1

I have two port partners with me that will initiate Get Sink capability after PD negotiation, With 1 DUT CCG3PA working fine, but with the other DUT I am facing this issue.

As I mentioned in my previous post, With the Non working DUT also with default PDO it works fine, Only If I change the request data object Index, I am facing this issue.

Please let me know if any inputs needed.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hello Prasanna,

I am unable to open the .cyacd file attached in the zip folder you provided using the EZ-PD configuration utility.  I am getting the below error.

pastedImage_0.png

Can you please let me know the build number of the EZ-PD configuration utility that you are using. You can check it under Help->About.

Also, are you making any changes in the default firmware provided with the SDK?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

Here is the EZ-PD configuration utility that I am using.

pastedImage_0.png

If I try to open the .cyacd file (File --> Open) from the EZ-PD Configuration utility, I am also getting the same error.

But, When I do (File --> Read From Firmware File) .cyacd file I am able to open.

pastedImage_2.png

Is there any difference between (File --> Open) and (File --> Read From Firmware File) ?

Also, are you making any changes in the default firmware provided with the SDK?

---> Yes, I am modifying the CCG3PA FW.

As per my discussion in link : CY4532 EVK, Initiating PD Data message from CCG3PA ,

My requirement is "When Any Source DUT(More than 1 Source capability PDO's) is connected to CCG3PA, I need to send request for each PDO's and verify whether PD negotiation is successfully completed with all the PDO's provided by Source DUT or not".

To achieve this requirement, In my Reply #12, in above mentioned link.Request.JPG

I have made some modifications in eval_src_cap(), and form_rdo() functions, Then I will change my request PDO index, and initiate Get_Source_Capability message from CCG3PA. So when DUT sends Source capability message CCG3PA will request for the PDO index what I configured explicitly and PD negotiation occurs successfully. And After Get_Sink_Capability from DUT I entered into the issue as I mentioned in my previous posts (This issue occurs with One DUT but with another DUT it's working fine).

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hello Prasanna,

File->open will open only the configuration file/table whereas, File -> Read from Firmware file will read the configuration from the entire firmware .cyacd file.

Can you please read the configuration from the both the DUTs directly(working and not working) using the EZ-PD configuration utility and compare each parameter?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh,

I am keeping CCG3PA FW constant, But tested with 2 Source (DUT's). and facing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hello,

Are the PDOs and the configuration of the source DUTs same?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes