About CCG3PA PD

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

They want to use CYPD3171-24LQXQ without PD function and only with Power-SINK. In this case, Please tell me the setting to disable the PD function.
Or  there any method to disable the PD function?

Best Regards

Mac/Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

What is the thing that customer really want to do?

Even if CCG3PA is PD contracted, CCG3PA can send RDO as 5V/0.1A (0.5 Wattage) at the minimum to the Source.

Obviously, 5V/1.5A, 5V/3A, etc Sink PDO is also able to set for CCG3PA.

In addition, if the power source is not a PD compliant (does not send Source Capability, etc.), PD negotiation obviously does not start.

If they still would not like to have a PD function on the CCG3PA side, they need to modify the CCG3PA Firmware or request Cypress to develop the specific Firmware.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

What is the thing that customer really want to do?

Even if CCG3PA is PD contracted, CCG3PA can send RDO as 5V/0.1A (0.5 Wattage) at the minimum to the Source.

Obviously, 5V/1.5A, 5V/3A, etc Sink PDO is also able to set for CCG3PA.

In addition, if the power source is not a PD compliant (does not send Source Capability, etc.), PD negotiation obviously does not start.

If they still would not like to have a PD function on the CCG3PA side, they need to modify the CCG3PA Firmware or request Cypress to develop the specific Firmware.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello Takayama san

I understood.The customer asked because he wants to categorize the product group into two categories: with and without PD.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Arai-san,

Thank you for letting me know the reason why the customer would like to do it.

So far, I am not sure why they strongly would like to divide the product group into two categories because CCG3PA can set restrictions as I mentioned to you through the previous interaction.

Anyway, if you have any concern, kindly post here, create another thread, or discuss with local Cypress sales representatives.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes