Memory/Register access not possible in certain Range

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiSc_4632441
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted 10 sign-ins

Hello, trying to access (e.g. TCPWM registers) via debug probes (SWD AP1) failes with response error on CYT4BB. Further it's not possible to access successfully from embedded code (CM0+). It seems that the Range 0x40330000 .. 0xDFFFFFFF is affected. What can be the problem here? Thank you for any hint, M.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Swathi
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

According to the CYT4BB (TVII-B-H-4M) device's Register TRM, the register TCPWM0_GRP2_CNT0_CTRL lies in the address location 0x40590000.

Please make sure you are referring to the latest revision of the CYT4BB (TVII-B-H-4M) Register TRM.

Regards,

Swathi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Swathi

Hi,

Can you please attach a screenshot showing the error?

And Have you set up any protection unit?

Regards,

Swathi

0 Likes

Hi, thank you! No, I don't have set any protection. The error message from J-Link Commander says something like "cannot read memory" - nothing usefull. I've attached a screenshot of the J-Mem that shows the beginning of the unaccessable region. I also captured SWD communication, which shows an acknowledge error (FAULT). I think I have to check any protection settings of the device.. Regardsswd.png

0 Likes
Swathi

Hi,

According to the CYT4BB board's Register TRM, the region that you have mentioned is not available for user access.

May I know why you are trying to access this region?

Regards,

Swathi

0 Likes

Hi, of course! I'm trying to access TCPWM registers (as metioned) - for example TCPWM0_GRP2_CNT0_CTRL (0x40390000). Its the same effect as shown above in the screenshot (I probably should have used another screenshot). I would be very surprised if that wasn't allowed. Best regards, Mike

0 Likes
Swathi

Hi,

According to the CYT4BB (TVII-B-H-4M) device's Register TRM, the register TCPWM0_GRP2_CNT0_CTRL lies in the address location 0x40590000.

Please make sure you are referring to the latest revision of the CYT4BB (TVII-B-H-4M) Register TRM.

Regards,

Swathi