CYBT-343026-01 stop broadcasting BLE after some days

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

I am using CYBT-343026-01. I have used find me example and added wiced_sleep_config( WICED_TRUE, NULL, NULL ); API to make sure it should consume minimum current. And its average current consumption is 320mAh. I have given firmware in production for 400 nos. after testing 2-4 days. But its almost 1 month, now the problem is beacons whos battery is still sufficient (2.9-3.0v) but it has stopped broadcasting. We need to reset by replug-in to make it broadcast.

Is this because we have used wiced_sleep_config( WICED_TRUE, NULL, NULL );  API?

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Did you measure the battery voltage in no-load state? The voltage may be lower when the device is working which may make the device work abnormal.

0 Likes

Hi @Owen_Zhang123 ,

I have checked with load and without load, it was around (2.9v-3.0v) only. but still, there is a problem. We have used Duracell Ultra (a lot of nos 800) for all our beacons.

Note: This problem is for 40% of devices from 400nos. Other remaining 60% device is performing well.

As per my understanding below 2 issues could be there:

Issue 1: The battery lot we have purchased is faulty. But how could this much Duracell Ultra (high raking battery) be faulty?

Issue 2: There is something wiced_sleep_config( WICED_TRUE, NULL, NULL ); API functions are responsible for. Is it possible?

Please let me know your thought on this.

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You are using PDS mode in your application, not HIDOFF mode?

In PDS mode, only some peripherals are turned off. It should not affect the BLE function.

Does the device still work and only BLE broadcast stop when the problem happens?

Will the device be normal with external reset pin when the problem happens?

0 Likes

Yes I am using PDS mode.

No there is nothing apart from BLE broadcast and that is only stopped working.

Yes. We remove AA Cell from socket and re-plug it then it starts working. Also We have tested voltage in circuit before removing cell and it shows. 2.8--2.9 volts.

Also 1 More major issue we have found yesterday again 30% device battery has drained new DuraCell battery completely within 1 week.

If there voltage goes on decreasing from 3.3 to 2.8v is there anything unusual behavior during that?

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

If it is considered it is due to current limitation from battery. I want to ask well developing pcb is there any need of adding capacitor while passing supply to the controller? so the spike of current will not affect supply voltage.

0 Likes