is application required to use NVRAM ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any reads or writes with NVRAM that the peripheral or central application is absolutely required to do?

Or, is NVRAM usage optional?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If there is nothing in your application that should be persistent between device power cycles, you do not need to save anything in the NVRAM.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Within the BCM20732 Tag board environment and 20732S module, the onboard EEPROM includes BD ADDR (Bluetooth Device Address), Patches and Bonding/Pairing information. The application code then links against ROM and patches.

In addition,within the WICED Smart dev environment, the SDK downloads a minidriver to RAM then pushes the application code over the HCI uart to the minidriver which will then write to EEPROM.  From there, the SDK will automatically load the application into available RAM.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is this:  are there any NVRAM reads or writes that I myself must put into the source code of my peripheral or central application software that I download to my BCM20732?

I have central application software source code for our central embedded board, and peripheral source code for our peripheral board.

Is there any software source code that reads or writes NVRAM that MUST be in our application software source code?

Presently, I'm debugging connection problems, and I'm wondering if there is a NVRAM write operation missing from the central or peripheral application software source code that we write.

0 Likes

If there is nothing in your application that should be persistent between device power cycles, you do not need to save anything in the NVRAM.