External antenna access for CYW20736S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaBo_4310606
Level 2
Level 2
First like received Welcome!

We're preparing a device using CYW20736S (actual part is BCM20736) and need a way to attach a coax connector to the antenna.

The module comes with an embedded antenna only but some info on the forums suggest that similar parts use the pin 10 as external antenna access. The datasheet for this part shows pin 10 as Reserved without suggesting antenna access.

Can I assume that we can use pin 10 to connect to an external antenna?

Also, pin 26 is described as test mode control. Does that mean the pin needs pulled up in order to use external antenna for testing purposes?

Thanks

cyw20736S_extract.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The 20736E was a sip module we offered which accepted an external antenna on that pin.  It was identical to the 20736S with an internal antenna, except that in requiring an external unit, the Limited Modular Approval we provided for the 20736S could no longer be leveraged.

Please work through your local Cypress Sales/Marketing team to confirm the current availability of the 20736E.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The 20736E was a sip module we offered which accepted an external antenna on that pin.  It was identical to the 20736S with an internal antenna, except that in requiring an external unit, the Limited Modular Approval we provided for the 20736S could no longer be leveraged.

Please work through your local Cypress Sales/Marketing team to confirm the current availability of the 20736E.

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that. So if I'm understanding this right, it isn't possible to test 20736S with external antenna?

I'd like to avoid swapping parts since 20736E doesn't look like a drop-in replacement.

0 Likes

Hi PaBo_4310606​,

Please contact our Sales team or FAE for getting more details on this.

0 Likes