capsense liquid level sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bill
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have a Capsense liquid level sensor attached to plastic container that is 3 mm thick.   With this setup I do not see any change in signal when water is added.  What is the maximum wall thickness that this sensor will work?   is it possible to increase the sensitivity? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @bill 

You can use the 12-Rx strip of the 022 kit for evaluation. Please make sure that you connect both the Tx sensors to ground so that you obtain maximum coupling with ground in the design. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hello @bill 

Can you give us more information on the liquid that you are trying to sense? Is it conductive or non-conductive liquid? Is the liquid grounded or un-grounded?

What sensing method are you using? Is it CSD or CSX?

Using CSD method, with sufficient ground coupling, sensing the liquid would be possible. Please let me know the height of the container (where the liquid is present) and the number of sensors that are used.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
bill
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

The liquid is water.  Height is 0 to 150 mm.   Currently it is ungrounded.   I am using the CY8CKIT-022 evaluation kit with the 12 sensor strip.   

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @bill 

You can use the 12-Rx strip of the 022 kit for evaluation. Please make sure that you connect both the Tx sensors to ground so that you obtain maximum coupling with ground in the design. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes