Trackpad Prototype Development - How is this Handled?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoJo_4453281
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to electrical engineering and the PSoC world, but I have spent the past few weeks learning a lot. I've read: "Getting Started with CapSense" as well as taken a close look at the PSoC 4 & 6 family of MCUs that work with Capsense and BLE.

The next phase of development is building a prototype of some sort. I have the exact dimensions of the touchpad I need, but where to proceed from here is the big question. I can see that PSoC creator does basically all the work of connecting the MCU's Tx and Rx ports to all of the sensor electrodes and uses the sensor data to calculate finger position, but how to actually build a prototype to test out?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BradyG_56
Employee
Employee

Hi JoJo_4453281,

There are many design houses and solution centers that would help build your prototypes as a service in the MN area.

• Solid Design Solutions
  • Digi International Wireless Design Services
  • Lab651
  • Wolff Electronic Design
  • Arrow Electronics Design and Engineering Services

If you are looking to have the experience of building and designing a PCB for the first time I would suggest using Altium's CircuitMaker or Autodesk's Eagle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi JoJo_4453281​,

We recommend you to first test the design (firmware) with our kits (CY8CKIT-041-41XX 4100S, CY8CKIT-041-40XX 4000S) which has touch pad in it.

After the testing works, you can use the design files provided as a part of the kit documentation to design your own layout file.

You need to develop a layout file using any mechanical CAD tools and export the DXF file to any of the layout software.

Later, you can review your schematic and layout as mentioned in the blog:  PSoC 4 CapSense design

In case you find anything difficult in this process, please feel free to ask your question in the community.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
BradyG_56
Employee
Employee

Hi JoJo_4453281,

There are many design houses and solution centers that would help build your prototypes as a service in the MN area.

• Solid Design Solutions
  • Digi International Wireless Design Services
  • Lab651
  • Wolff Electronic Design
  • Arrow Electronics Design and Engineering Services

If you are looking to have the experience of building and designing a PCB for the first time I would suggest using Altium's CircuitMaker or Autodesk's Eagle.

0 Likes