How to convert MBR2 to MBR3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

What tools or applications notes are available to help customers convert their MBR2 designs to newer sensing technologies?

I don't see CY8MBR2044 support in EZ-Click SP 2.0, which implies I won't be able to import a design from MBR2 specifically for the 2044 then convert it to a similar MBR3 such as the CY8MBR3018-LQXI.

Beyond software conversion, there appears to be differences in voltage.

What other key considerations are there?

Is there a more compatible path from MBR2 to a PSoC chip rather than MBR3?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi GrCa_1363456

CY8CMBR-2044 is not an I2C configurable device and hence, the reason for exclusion from EZ-Click. The parameters such as FSS and auto reset are detected from voltage levels on GPO pins and not from a configuration register as in the case of MBR3.

MBR3 is more versatile compared to 2044.

This supports configuring the parameters through I2C. Hence, they can be changed during run-time by a host as well.

The voltage levels are same in both devices. CY8CMBR3002 is a similar device that does not support configuration over I2C. However, this supports only 2 CapSense sensors.

We recommend to use the PSoC series of devices as it supports manual tuning and a wider operating conditions. It can also run as a standalone microcontroller.

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply