Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensing Technologies

DuSt_4713121
New Contributor

The user manual does not have any info on how to connect  the device; what do I need to connect the I2C lines to the computer that EZ-Click will recognize?

Dusan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari

Hi DuSt_4713121

MiniProg4 does not recognize the Ez-Click software. You can use the MiniProg3 for configuration.

EZclick support with Miniprog4

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi dust_4713121

The MBR3 kits have an onboard kitprog that does the conversion from I2C to USB. In case you are using a custom board, you can use any I2C to USB converters or a Miniprog for connection.

There is an option to "Select Target Device" in EZ-Click. Make sure that the MBR device is connected to the computer and it will show up in the available ports as shown in the figure.

pastedImage_0.png

Do let us know if the connection is successful.

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes
DuSt_4713121
New Contributor

I was looking more on a hardware solution. I have a cy8cmbr3110 on a custom board and access to the I2C pins. Can I use an CY8CKIT-005 MiniProg4 to connect?

Dusan

0 Likes
Hari

Hi DuSt_4713121

MiniProg4 does not recognize the Ez-Click software. You can use the MiniProg3 for configuration.

EZclick support with Miniprog4

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes