Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeAh_4620776
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I want my board to recognize the user's fingertouch even if the System is rebooted during touching.

I already tried disabling the "automatic threshold" Option but it's not doing the trick:

After reboot (finger still on the sensor), the Baseline is on the "pre-reboot" "raw-counter"-Level. As a result, the threshold is not reached anymore and the button-state is turned "OFF".

Am I missing something? Any suggestions what I should try next?

Thanks in Advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi SeAh_4620776

MBR3 is a device that supports button configuration through smartsense only. It is not possible to tune the sensors manually and all parameters are calculated by device on startup. It is not possible to detect the finger touch on power up if the buttons are touched during power up.

I would recommend using the PSoC 4 devices for this purpose as these offer manual tuning. You can tune the sensors such that they are configured to the "no touch" condition and when a finger is pressed (even on power up), it can be detected.

PSoC 4000 series also have a pin to pin compatible packaging if the design is already laid out.

Best regards,

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi SeAh_4620776

MBR3 is a device that supports button configuration through smartsense only. It is not possible to tune the sensors manually and all parameters are calculated by device on startup. It is not possible to detect the finger touch on power up if the buttons are touched during power up.

I would recommend using the PSoC 4 devices for this purpose as these offer manual tuning. You can tune the sensors such that they are configured to the "no touch" condition and when a finger is pressed (even on power up), it can be detected.

PSoC 4000 series also have a pin to pin compatible packaging if the design is already laid out.

Best regards,

Hari

0 Likes