CY8C20180 replacement part

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JL
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have a board that's been in production for several years that uses CY8C20180 (SO16 package). Now I see that CY8C20180 seems to be obsolete. Is there a pin-compatible replacement for this part? If not, is there a functionally compatible part?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

You can use CY8C20110-SX2I as a pin-compatible replacement part for CY8C20180-SX2I. 

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SampathS_11

You can use CY8C20110-SX2I as a pin-compatible replacement part for CY8C20180-SX2I. 

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
JL
Level 1
Level 1

I see that CY8C20110 is currently available but "not for new designs" (Digikey). Does this mean it will also soon become obsolete? If so, what is the least expensive way to migrate to another part?

0 Likes
SampathS_11

You can consider our CapSense MB3 family as a newer alternative.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
JL
Level 1
Level 1

Does this mean CY8C20110 will soon become obsolete? How long can I expect it to be in production?

0 Likes
SampathS_11

I request you to kindly refer to Cypress PCN Handbook for further information. You can request for PCN alerts by writing to pcn_adm@cypress.com. Kindly refer our PCN home page also.

Discontinuing a part depends on the purchase volumes of current and future customers for the part, which is difficult to forecast for long term horizons.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes