SRAM Input capacitor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sathish7298
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

We are going to use cypress SRAM "CY62148EV30LL-45ZSXIT" as an alternate for the current production Renesas P/N RMLV0408EGSB-4S2#HA1. While analyzing both the parts we found input capacitance of the cypress SRAM is 10pF which is higher than the Renesas part input capacitor of 8pF. In our application, this SRAM is interfaced with the processor "80C188EB".

We would like to know , which all pins in SRAM  have the 10pF capacitance  
and also what will be the impact of this higher capacitance ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

All the pins which are input pins or output pins will have the Input capacitance or output capacitance as 10 pF. So all the control signal pins are included in this set and the I/O lines as well. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

All the pins which are input pins or output pins will have the Input capacitance or output capacitance as 10 pF. So all the control signal pins are included in this set and the I/O lines as well. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
Sathish7298
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I just compared the CYPRESS part "CY62148EV30LL-45ZSXIT" with our current production part "RMLV0408EGSB-4S2#HA1" to get an approval in our system. I  need to rationalize the below two specs which is worse for the cypress part. Could you please provide what will be the impact of that below parameter.

Sathish7298_0-1614836866311.png

Thanks,

Sathish

0 Likes

Hi Sathish,

Higher capacitance may cause slower rise/fall time. Which can eventually effect the write/read cycle time. It may not be a problem if the system have enough settling time for the signals. You will need to check the cycle time for your application. Also this is the worst case scenario. You can use our IBIS model to observe the difference if possible.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes