Strictly necessary cookies are on by default and cannot be turned off. Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing cookies can be turned on below based on your preferences (this banner will remain available for you to accept cookies). You may change your cookie settings by deleting cookies from your browser. Then this banner will appear again. You can learn more details about cookies HERE.
Strictly necessary (always on)
Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing (default off)
Re-purpose GPIO in Evaluation Board To Drive Motors
Use BCM9WCD1EVAL1 (P402) base evaluation board with BCM943362WCD4 module to re-purpose GPIO pins utilized for serial flash and thermistor.
1. Remove the serial flash (U8) and thermistor (TH1) from the breakaway board. The breakaway board could simply be broken, but because the push button switches and LEDs are used in this demo only some components are removed.
2. Using ULN2803A transistor array, make the connections described in the following schematics.
3. Update SDK with attached code as shown below.
Update .../include/default_wifi_config_dct.h as following or your choice of name and pass phrase.
#define CONFIG_AP_SSID "WICED Motor Control"
#define CONFIG_AP_PASSPHRASE "12345678"
4. Start the WicedSerial.exe serial port application to observe messages from WICED device.
5. Build and download the motor control sample application to the target.
demo.motor_control-BCM943362WCD4_MTR download run
In this case the BCM943362WCD4_MTR is a new platform derived from WICED evaluation board.
6. Connect your wireless web browser supported device (PC or smart phone) to 'WICED Motor Control" with "12345678" pass phrase.