Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

PSoC 6 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)

PSoC 6 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thought I'd give an introduction to the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) peripheral in PSoC 6 BLE MCUs. The PSoC 6 BLE MCU incorporates a Bluetooth Smart subsystem that contains the Physical Layer (PHY) and Link Layer (LL) engines with an embedded security engine. The physical layer consists of the digital PHY and the RF transceiver that transmits and receives GFSK packets at 2 Mbps over a 2.4-GHz ISM band, which is compliant with Bluetooth Smart Bluetooth Specification 5.0.

Features:

• 2.4-GHz RF transceiver with 50-Ω antenna drive
  • Digital PHY
  • Link Layer engine supporting master and slave modes
  • Programmable output power: up to 4 dBm
  • RX sensitivity: –95 dBm
  • RSSI: 1-dB resolution
  • 4.2 mA TX (0 dBm) and 4.4 mA RX (2 Mbps) current with 3.3-V battery and internal SIMO Buck converter
  • Link Layer engine supports four connections simultaneously
  • Supports 2 Mbps LE data rate

Happy reading!

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

if upgrade the last two features  is even more perfect.In my opinion,More connections simulataneously and all BLE 5.0 new features.This wil be more advantages in the IOT market.As an IOT embedded engineers, more connections, long-distance transmission, low power consumption and powerful, but also can be connected with the phone, it is difficult to find a chip that can meet the above characteristics, if PSOC 6 BLE can provide more connections and long distance transmission, I would like to occupy a greater advantage in the IOT field. If it is difficult to connect more devices at the same time, you can try to coexist multiple protocols, such as: BLE and Thread coexist, if so I think this is how wonderful things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course,the price can not be too expensive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helon_chen_1478911,

Thank you for the feedback, will take into consideration!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have BLE 4.0 smartphone, Can BLE 5.0 slave device work with such BLE 4.0 host device?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course.

DaBr_1233126
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Is BLE 5.0 going to be specific to PSoC 6?  Also, what is the planned timeframe for Modules based on PSoC 6?  I use PSoC 4 based modules now....

piac_1335616
Level 0
Level 0

Is BLE Mesh supported?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The official reply is “PSoC 6 BLE mesh will not happen until sometime in late this year or early next year.

ClCh_1720121
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received 5 replies posted

The RF powre consumption is very low : "4.2 mA TX (0 dBm) and 4.4 mA RX (2 Mbps) current with 3.3-V battery and internal SIMO Buck converter"

Is there any example power consumption results at different work status while BLE connection parameters set to a detailed value min interval, max interval, slave latency, timeout  such as ( 6, 6, 132, 500) or other settings ?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello  cloudchen,

This is just radio power consumption,the total power consumption is radio+mcu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But  will the "un-official" mesh  be avaible for beta testers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Possibly, so stay tuned into the community for updates!

Thanks!