Strictly necessary cookies are on by default and cannot be turned off. Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing cookies can be turned on below based on your preferences (this banner will remain available for you to accept cookies). You may change your cookie settings by deleting cookies from your browser. Then this banner will appear again. You can learn more details about cookies HERE.
Strictly necessary (always on)
Functional, Performance and Tracking/targeting/sharing (default off)
Getting Actually Transferred Data and Size of Data in Case of UART Timeout
The attached files update the UART peripheral of STM32F4xx and STM32F2xx host MCUs to return number of bytes within a given duration.
The below function definition is used for returning the received bytes and number of bytes over the UART within the given time duration. When the patch is applied correctly, the following code should be updated in /include/wiced_platform.h.
/** Receive data on a UART interface
* @param uart : the UART interface
* @param data : pointer to the buffer which will store incoming data
* @param size : number of bytes to receive
* @param rcvd_size: number of bytes received
* @param timeout : timeout in milisecond
* @return WICED_SUCCESS : on success.
* @return WICED_ERROR : if an error occurred with any step