Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Archive

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the document on page 9 it states that the installation is covered in section 1, and steps 2-5 in section 4.  However, as the document has no section numbers this information is useless.  It's also unclear which headings related to 'sections' as opposed to 'chapters' or other document structuring.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additionally, while I congratulate Broadcom on providing a cross-platform SDK, I despair at the documentation for it.  I, unlike many people, do not like IDEs - I've used Emacs as my main editor for many years and can generally do things much faster in Emacs than any other IDE I've had to use so I won't use Eclipse and I don't want to download a damn great installer which contains it so it can clog up my machine.

I also want to be able to build my products in automation.

Both of these require that I understand how to drive the WICED build system but there's no documentation on what the many makefile fragments do or how someone might integrate them into a bigger project or other system.  The documentation that comes with the SDK amounts to a few slides and the API.  While the API documentation may be useful (I don't know yet because I've not got that far), the lack of documentation on how the build is supposed to work and what is performing each of the tasks makes the only option to reverse engineer the makefiles which, were it not for the fact that a customer is using WICED, would be certain to make me look elsewhere for a product where the creators do care enough to provide adequate documentation.

Please take the time to document your products properly - it makes you look very poor when the documentation is incomplete, wrong, misleading or simply missing.

0 Likes