PSoC 6 BLE Wearables Demo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

This video introduces a wearables demo and its features being controlled and driven by our PSoC 6 BLE MCU (PSoC 63 Connectivity Line). It explains PSoC 6 BLE interfacing with multiple sensors (such as accelerometers/gyros/temperature/light/pressure) and processing this data for use as real life data. Also being driven in this demo is a touch slider user interface and haptics motor, in addition to providing a BLE connection to a smartphone. This functionality is capable from PSoC 6's best-in-class flexibility, with it's software-defined analog and digital peripherals, multiple connectivity options, and industry leading CapSense.

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions!

Thanks!

39 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH man! I cannot wait to get my hands on this little kit!

rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Great demo. Great  device and development platform.

user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

Is this board for demonstration purposes only, or will it be sold?

Stanislav

akkoc_1406121
Level 1
Level 1
10 likes given 5 likes given First like given

Great!
What is the power supply? Li-Po battery?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes, this demo is powered off a lithium ion battery. The ultra-low-power of PSoC 6, a great feature!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stanislav,

Currently, this board is for demo purposes only, but we are in early discussions about possibly selling this kit. Will update you again, so please stay tuned into the community!

Thanks!

IoVo_297831
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Nice demo.

I am also interested in this demo kit/code.

If this is going to be sold let me know please.

Could you share which motion sensors and gps did you use?

Best  Regards,

Yiannis

ClCh_1720121
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received 5 replies posted

Great~

What's the PSoC 6 BLE Power consumption at different work status (H-ADV / L-ADV / Connection Idle / Active / Sleep ) ?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The sensor being used in the motion sensor menu is from InvenSense, manufacturing number is MPU9250. It is a 9-axis gyro + accelerometer + compass combo device. For the GPS, it is from ORIGINGPS, manufacturing number is ORG1411-PM04-TR1.

Thanks!

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

A single cell lithium polymer (3.7V Li-Po) powers the entire board, which is regulated by a PMIC to 3.0V.

PSoC 6 as well as the sensors are operated at this voltage.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same video has been circling on and on but it is still satisfying and have goosebumps.

But, I am still waiting for the device datasheets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like a very interesting board. not sure what I would do with one though.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Regarding the datasheets, they will be posted to this community in a few more weeks (2-3 weeks). Apologies for the wait!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello out there!

Many of you are interested in getting your hands on one of these PSoC 6 Wearables Solution Demo. We are in talks of trying to get this demo online so that it can be purchased. So question to you all out there, how much would you be willing to pay for this demo?

Looking for any sort of feedback!

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

$40-$50?

Anonymous
Not applicable

$20-30 is my sweet spot, but granted I dont see a need for it for me as of yet anyway.

0 Likes
user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

If up to about $50, I will consider buying this board.

I have a suggestion, it would be nice, if you can expose unused ports/pins, to allow connecting additional circuits.

Also, I do not own Miniprog. Will I be able to program this board using Kitprog?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This demo board is just awesome. I have tried few wearable devices like Hexiwear. The problem with them is battery life, no GPS and no calling notifications. This demo board is a truly a best device.

What would be the approximate cost of this board in the market? Also, would it include the OLED display and the battery?

Anonymous
Not applicable

With such functionalities $35-40 will be a catch. As it is a wearable, is it possible to make the device more compact?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll take it into consideration! As for programming, yes, you will be able to program via Kitprog.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

We are still working out the details on cost, sorry that I can't give you a clear answer just yet . As for the OLED and battery, yes it would come with both items.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Yes, I guess we could try and make this smaller! Will consider your feedback.

Thanks!

0 Likes
IoVo_297831
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I express that we are also interested for the demo and the related code.

Best Regards,

Yiannis

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee

maskrtnik01_1570836

Pins are not exposed with an intention of keeping the board form factor small while still adding tons of sensors, a capacitive touch area and an OLED. Please do let us know what other external circuits you would want to interface or see in the demo.

0 Likes
user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You are saying about sensors....so maybe some logging capability? For example microSD slot, so you can process grabbed data on computer.

Or some sounds, so you can know status of device without looking at a display.

At this time, I don't have more ideas...but in future, no one knows

Stanislav

ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee

maskrtnik01_1570836

Hi Slav,

Thanks for your inputs. We do have an onboard 64MB memory which can be used for either data logging or as external flash. PSoC 6 BLE device has a QSPI (quad SPI) interface that enables high speed transfers to such SPI based external memories. Although the storage capacity is limited (MBs..) the ideal scenario for a wearable would be to log data and occasionally dump it over a bulk transfer over BLE, say when the wearable is docked to a power source.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply!
Looking forward to the launch of the board in the market.

jobic_1363266
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like received First like given

I want mine

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested in a version without the display and mainly just interested in the GPS part.

Does the GPS provide 1PPS output signal and if so is it configurable?

Alternatively what GPS module is used and what pins are exposed/available...hopefully not just rx/tx.

Pricing: If you do release it consider an option of a bare-bones unit(with GPS) for lower cost.

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is a nano Hornet ORG1411 from OriginGPS. Yes, we do have a 1PPS and some other signals (wakeup) from the GPS module to PSoC 6, please refer to the GPS datasheet for more details. The module has 3 types of host interfaces (UART, SPI or I2C) multiplexed on a set of pins, configurable through external pull-ups. We use simple UART without flow control.

GrRa_284656
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

for me 30-40$ would be OK!

Even in my opinion the demo board should be smaller

Programming through miniProg3

Graziano

0 Likes
user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Where did you get the board? I would like one too. And also Pioneer Kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

great demo , any updates on when this might be available for purchase ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are there any updates on plan to make this demo kit available commercially?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Suggestion. (if it's already not taken care of)

Adding a connector/interface for a possible addon WICED WiFi module would be a great addition.

user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4

That would be great to any/all of PsoC6 boards. It is a good thing to have internal BLE stack and radio. Since it does not have its own WiFi hardware, it would be very useful to have an addon board with this functionality.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

any updates on its availability ?

0 Likes
RoHo_4248751
Level 1
Level 1

This is exactly what I need. Is the board and/or code available? Can this code be run on the Pioneer board?

0 Likes
alyu_4650616
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, where can I find one of these development boards?

0 Likes