FCC Certification Flow for Broadcom module products

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

FCC Certification Flow for module products that intend to leverage Broadcom’s FCC ID.

13 Replies
ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Is the email still broadcom.com now that Cypress owns the BCM2073x part ? Please clarify.

Is it full FCC process of just the final emission ?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

thomasyounsi​ - we are still leveraging the Broadcom Regulatory team today, but we are pretty far along in the transition process and will soon be able to take the LMA (Limited Modular Approval) process over fully from that team.

0 Likes
ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3

Can Cypress recommend a few FCC certification lab who are familiar with BCM2073X S part with build in Antenna. Since it has a build in antenna I would imagine only the  final emission would be required and that it doesn't required a full FCC certification which are much more expensive. Any lab recommendation in the Bay Area ?

Thanks

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I would recommend this place here: NTS Silicon Valley, California Location for unintentional radiator testing. Unless you are designing a wearable that's all you need.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

LSR is one of our partners that offers services in this area (even if you are not using their module).

colin.halladay

The initial BCM2073XS FCC testing/cert was done at the UL Lab in Fremont CA.

0 Likes
ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks! you added   colin.halladay

Is he the contact for LSR ? I am confused because his title in this community is Strategic Business Development Manager EMC Service can you clarify ?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Colin is essentially the sales manager for Laird/LSR within that line of business (EMC Services) as it is totally separate from their module business.

That team recently hosted a webinar which discussed our  2073X's LMA: Webinar on May 3rd: Regulatory Testing topics specific to Broadcom BT/Wi-Fi based modules...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I hope everyone's week is ending well.  Michael is correct, i help LSR, a Laird Business with Compliance Sales.  From the conversation above maybe it makes sense to get a little more information and possibly setup a call.  Thomas, can you please fill out our online RFQ if you are interested in pursuing our help?

https://www.lsr.com/testing/request-for-quote

Also, here is my contact info:

Colin Halladay | Strategic Business Development Manager - EMC Services, Connectivity Solutions

Direct: 262.421.9391 | Cell: 262.719.3265 | Colin.Halladay@LairdTech.com

LSR, a Laird Business | www.lsr.com | www.lairdtech.com

ThYo_2228536
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone send a link to the FCC pre certification and the FCC ID for BCM20736S SOC.

Which antenna is being used from the Datasheet it looks like there are antenna ports - on onboard antenna

so maybe I have the part # wrong. Which BCM20736  has on board Antenna ?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

The SiP module datasheet is here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-1455

The SiP module uses an internal PIFA antenna that is connected to PIN 10.  PIN 10 cannot be used to connect to an external antenna.

The LSR Regulatory Team can assist you with the leveraging of our Limited Modular Approval, but if you still need some guidance, there is a flow chart here: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-1778

We cannot offer regulatory support on the SoC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I believe I was looking at the wrong datasheet.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

No problem colin.halladay​ as this happens every now and then because we refer to the SiP Module datasheets as "Technical Reference Manuals".

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Update: 7/13/2018

The procedure for the issuing of LOA for the CYW20732/6/7 has changed.

Essentially, we have recertified the 20732/6/7S modules to have a Cypress FCC ID assigned and we now provide the LOA signed by Manager of the regulatory team,

Please complete the following template (Cypress Authorization Letter Template (LOA)) and create a new discussion which includes the filled out template here in the WICED Smart Bluetooth Forums

0 Likes