CYW20736S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not see any reference to wireless charging in this BCM20736S document.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The wireless charging and simultaneous Master/Slave functionality added to the 20736S is not mentioned in the datasheet.

However, SDK 2.0.1 includes services/profiles for a Rezence based (A4WP) Power Transmitting Unit (PTU) and Power Receiving Unit (PRU) and we also have a Reference design in the works as well.

If you have any follow on questions, please post them to the forums here:WICED Smart Forums

as I'm not sure our Apps Team is monitoring comments and discussions created against documents.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted, thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is only the start of a hardware spec. I have no idea from this spec what are the peripherals, registers, what the pins actually do etc. Extrapolating from the BCM20732 is not adequate. The pin assignment     is not the same. I am trying to design something with this part

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

The register structure inside the part is not exposed to the user (layer of abstraction).

Access to the IO is via software generated inside of the SDK.

To understand better how to use software to manage the available IO, the HW Interfaces Guide here: WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces

You will also want to post all technical questions to the forum as opposed to posting them as comments on the document itself since our Apps team is not monitoring comments on documents.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ....,

Could you refer me to the Reference design of PTU and PRU. I have a BCM20737TAG but do not know how to test its wireless charging feature.

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

SDK 2.x includes services/profiles for a Rezence based (A4WP) Power Transmitting Unit (PTU) and Power Receiving Unit (PRU) and we are working on a reference design which should be available around the second quarter of 2015.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This helps. Wow, what a toy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am looking for the data sheet of the BCM20736 module with external antenna (BCM20736E) but I can't find it. Could you kindly provide a link? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Unfortunately, we cannot provide this on the mass market website today.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I noticed that BCM20736E is sold by distributors (but their websites does not include the data sheet).

Från: mwf_mmfae

Skickat: den 20 februari 2015 01:14

Till: Patrik Dai Javad

Ämne: Re: - BCM20736S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

<http://community.broadcom.com/?et=watches.email.document_comment>

BCM20736S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

new comment by mwf_mmfae<http://community.broadcom.com/people/mwf_mmfae?et=watches.email.document_comment> View all comments on this document<http://community.broadcom.com/docs/DOC-1455?et=watches.email.document_comment#comment-3018>

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I'm struggling to figure out if an actual BCM20736E datasheet even exists internally.  Essentially, the E version is identical to the BCM20736S, with the exception there is no antenna attached to pin 10.  The datasheet would not offer any guidance on the external antenna design as that was provided to existing 20736E customers by the selected external antenna vendor.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Note that we are looking into this internally to determine what we can provide in the way of a sample design using an external antenna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks. We have knowledge and experience in antenna design, so my interest is mainly on the module itself. For now I will more in detail look into the BCM20736s data sheet and use pin 10 for the external antenna. What I noticed in BCM20736s data sheet is that it's unclear which pins are used for puart rts and cts, I think there may be a typo on which pin is used for rts

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I have created a discussion and continuation of this discussion here as very few people outside of myself even read the comments made on documents: BCM20736E and PUART Flow Control Discussion...Yes on SoC, No on SIP Module

0 Likes