CYUSBS234 USB-serial development kit cannot connect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I just got a CYUSBS234 USB-serial development kit . At first, when I connect it and open the USB configure utility tool, this tool can detect the board.

when I did some change like disable Manufacturing Interface etc, then the tool cannot detect the board. I make sure the board is power up.

May i know if any way to restore it to factory setting?

Another question is I set the Manufacturer string and Product String, but use Cypress PID/VID, the USB is detected but it shows as "USB serial port". The Manufacturer  from the device manager is still Cypress. I want to change to my Manufacturer . May I know how to do that?

thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To restore the default config settings, please refer sec 3.3.8 in the below document.

http://www.cypress.com/file/123346/download

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

when I connect the board to PC, the USB-serial configuration utility tool cannot select the device.

The device selection is grey out. Help!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone meet same problem? If I cannot select the device in the utility tool, I cannot restore to factory setting. My OS is win10.

The board is plug in and LEDs are turn on. I can see the serial port shown in device manager when board connects. But cannot select the board from utility tool.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a technical support case in Cypress.com and provide the details.

One of our Engineers will assist you with the issue.

0 Likes