The latest MCUs roadmap

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
James_Kung
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Does Cypress have any update for MCUs roadmap 2021 Q4 later on?

Could Cypress provide it?

Thanks.

6 Replies
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @James_Kung ,

Thank you very much for your interest in Cypress - an Infineon Technologies Company Products! I can share with you the latest MCUs roadmap once the newer products are made public through our webpage. However, please let me check with my internal team about the information we can share with the community. I will update here if we are eligible to do so. Thank you very much for understanding

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Do you have further information which could be shared on the community? Or can you share it to me directly by mail?

0 Likes

I too would like to know the roadmap.  PSOC 5 was the most interesting to me because of the DSP block and it seems to have disappeared after the Infineon acquisition.  Honestly, I was  pretty sure the acquisition was going to be bad for PSOC.  Seems like the mixed signal capabilities seem to be continually decreased, especially compared to some of the very innovative things way back in PSOC1.  Also the fantastic design tools that Cypress developed.  What is the future of that?  Is that going to continue? So what is the road map?  

Infineon, what do you have to share?

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @Morley ,

PSoC5LP is facing shortage as a part of the current worldwide semiconductor shortage. Infineon Technologies, is planning and working hard to overcome the shortage of semiconductor devices. PSoC5LP will continue to be manufactured, since it is an MCU/PSoC of choice for mixed-signal applications, and there is no consideration to obsolete PSoC5LP. If PSoC 5LP goes obsolete, Infineon Technologies will notify through product termination notices (PTN).

Best regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

Hi Aashita,  thanks for the response and Happy New Year.  I feel a little better, however at this link

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-psoc-arm-cortex-microcontroller/?term...

Only PSOC6 and PSOC4 are mentioned and apparently PSOC 5 is "Legacy".  That sounds like further products are not forthcoming.   Am I correct?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @Morley ,

Please note that PSoC 5LP is currently active and preferred MCU. But there will be little or no further development on this device.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes