PSoC 5LP devices with CAN, availability of CAN component in PSoC Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
immanuel
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Which devices or families of PSoC 5LP (can) have CAN functionality?

Following the family overview and according to the family data sheets this should be PSoC 5800 and PSoC 5600.

In PSoC Creator however the CAN component is visible resp. selectable in the Component Catalog for 58xx devices only.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @immanuel ,

As you rightly figured, only PSoC 58LP and PSoC 56LP supports CAN block. Please note that only some of the parts in PSoC 56LP support CAN interface. Check the ordering information in the datasheet to ensure that the selected part has CAN block in it. I have chosen an example PSoC 56 LP part (CY8C5688AXI-LP099) in PSoC Creator and I was able to use CAN component in it. Can you please let us know the PSoC 56 LP part you had selected in Creator?  

BragadeeshV_0-1612243411928.png

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @immanuel ,

As you rightly figured, only PSoC 58LP and PSoC 56LP supports CAN block. Please note that only some of the parts in PSoC 56LP support CAN interface. Check the ordering information in the datasheet to ensure that the selected part has CAN block in it. I have chosen an example PSoC 56 LP part (CY8C5688AXI-LP099) in PSoC Creator and I was able to use CAN component in it. Can you please let us know the PSoC 56 LP part you had selected in Creator?  

BragadeeshV_0-1612243411928.png

Regards,
Bragadeesh
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

From Arm Cortex 32-bit Microcontroller (MCUs) page

https://www.cypress.com/products/microcontrollers-mcus#tab1

You can select "Select Parts" link in the PSoC 5LP Products pane.

When Product Selector Guide appears,

select "Show/Hide Parameters" button in the left side.

In the Show/Hide Parameters dialog,

drag "No. of Can Controller" from "Hide" to "Show",

I would suggest to drag it to upper side of "Show" so that it appears in the earlier selection of the table.

And specify the number of CANs.

Oh, boy! When I did this, I saw only 1 device!

000-Product-selector.JPG

So, I changed my strategy and used device selector in the PSoC Creator, I selected all PSoC 5LP families and in the CAN field, I un-checked "0" and I got the following list. (slightly better than above 😉

001-Devices-with-CAN.JPG

moto