Checksum

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnA_4675486
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

Hi,

I have a basic question. I'm using PSoC Creator and WICED for some of my projects. I know these two IDEs automatically generate and verify the checksum for the binary files but I can't find a way to view the actual value of checksum after the binary files are generated during the build. Does anyone know how I can see the actual value of checksum in each of the IDEs? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @AnA_4675486

Can you please let me know which device you are using? In PSoC Creator, the checksum is stored at the address 0x9030 0000. Please refer to Section 3.1 Organization of the Hex File in the device-specific programming specification document. Here is the link for PSoC 6 device - PSoC 6 Programming Specifications dcument.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @AnA_4675486

Can you please let me know which device you are using? In PSoC Creator, the checksum is stored at the address 0x9030 0000. Please refer to Section 3.1 Organization of the Hex File in the device-specific programming specification document. Here is the link for PSoC 6 device - PSoC 6 Programming Specifications dcument.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes