BLE 5.1 AoA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaGa_4641021
Level 5
Level 5
50 questions asked 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi

Are there any PSoC platforms that support AoA feature in BLE 5.1  ?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

SaGa,

I don't think any of the PSoC6s with BLE are ready for AoA.  The SW validated and released is only at the 5.1 level.

To achieve AoA, I believe you need a diversity antenna structure which requires at least two antennas (usually at right angles).   Additionally, you need to have an external very high-speed switch to switch between antenna inputs.

In my prior discussions with Cypress about BLE devices with localization, they were going to discuss their own method for localization.  I'd advise talking to a local Cypress rep.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

SaGa,

Hum... I thought Angle-of-Arrival was BLE 5.2.

Len
0 Likes

I am not quite sure, may be. So, any PSoC platforms capable of AoA that you would recommend ?

0 Likes

SaGa,

I don't think any of the PSoC6s with BLE are ready for AoA.  The SW validated and released is only at the 5.1 level.

To achieve AoA, I believe you need a diversity antenna structure which requires at least two antennas (usually at right angles).   Additionally, you need to have an external very high-speed switch to switch between antenna inputs.

In my prior discussions with Cypress about BLE devices with localization, they were going to discuss their own method for localization.  I'd advise talking to a local Cypress rep.

Len