psoc1 pwm blocks stops working when loading and unloading user modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prbh_3338016
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Dear gurus,

I am working on rtd and tc thermocouple project using psoc1 29666 uc. I have created two dynamic user defined loadble modules for rtd and one for tc. Loadable modules have INSAMP1,PGA1,PGA2 for RTD and INSAMP2,PGA3 and PGA4 for TC and commonly make use or triadc to mesaure the rtd and thermocouple readings .   I am also making use of timer16 bit block for timer isr to display readings on 7 segment leds. This is working fine.

Now i need to added pwm outputs to my project.
I made use of pwm blocks to generate two pwm outputs on pin 3_6 and 2_2. I get these pwm working only if i dont use rtd and tc loadable configuration. If i use rtd and tc loadble configuration pwm blocks dont output pwm's. I use Loadconfig_rtd and loadconfig_tc to load . And to unload I use  unloadconfig_rtd() and  unloadconfig_tc() fucntions respetively. When i use these loading fucntions my pwm stops and if i dont make use of the rtd loading or tc loading fucntion my pwm works. 

Please help. As i am stuck

pastedImage_5.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Kindly add the pwm blocks to both rtd and tc loadable configurations. It seems to me that the pwm blocks have been loaded to the default configuration. As always you can upload your project for review.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Kindly add the pwm blocks to both rtd and tc loadable configurations. It seems to me that the pwm blocks have been loaded to the default configuration. As always you can upload your project for review.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Thanks sir,

Thanks for replying me. Things i tried

(1) I tried to keep pwm modules in different pwm loable module. I read the same in one of the app note . I loaded this pwm once configuration at start up still it failed to work when rtd or tc configuration was loaded. Also i tried  to reload LOadconfig_pwm() after loading tc config or rtd config still it failed.

(2)I tried to put pwm8 in block DCB13 and tried genrating pwm on p2_2 This was success even if tc or rtd was loaded. But If i try to put pwm on 3_7  there is no generation of pwm.

Observation

(1)The DCB13 block can generate pwm8 even in rtd or tc loaded or unloaded. But on some specific pins. Failed pwm on 3_7

(2)pwm modules placed on Blocks DBB31 DBB30 DCCB32 and DCCb33 are affected by tc or rtd config loading .

I will try

(1) as you suggested i will try placing pwm modules in tc and rtd modules. But I am confuse whether there will be two versions of each pwm modules and whether it will work or not. i will try and revert asap

0 Likes