PSoC Creator Source and Disassembly Windows Not Synchronized After Reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tisc_4786871
Level 1
Level 1

I'm integrating class B library from Cypress/Inf and I come across a weird problem with PSoC Creator when I build with the flash self test included in the project. Note I'm not even calling any of the flash self test functions from anywhere, I'm just including it in the project.

When I build and debug code without the files SelfTest_Flash.c and SelfTest_CRC_calc.c in the workspace, the C source debugger correctly winds up at the Reset() label.

When I include those two files in the workspace and start debugging, the C source debugger points to middle of function SelfTests_CRC16(), even though nothing has called anything in SelfTest_Flash. These files should not even be built into the image, optimizer should discard them as no calls into either file are made. Yet C source debugger points to SelfTests_CRC16() whenever debugger starts or when Debug->Reset is done from the menu. No clean or build sequence on the project changes this outcome.

If you bring up a disassembly window, the address and code are correct: it is at <Reset>: label, address 0x00000010. So I think the debugger is actually working correctly, but C source is not synchronized. Placing breakpoints in the Reset() function such as at Start_c() no longer work at this point, though breakpoints in main() and other downstream functions seem to work correctly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It is mostly an annoyance but just one in a long string of them with this tool.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I tried to reproduce this issue but I wasn't able to. I made use of the Class B library from here and tried to debug with and without the files, didn't face the issue.

Can you please let me know if there are any modifications to be made to the project? Would you be able to attach a stripped down version of your project to demonstrate this behavior.

One of our users had a similar issue which got solved on creating a new project. You can find more details here: PSoC 6/ Creator File issues

Please check it out and let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I tried to reproduce this issue but I wasn't able to. I made use of the Class B library from here and tried to debug with and without the files, didn't face the issue.

Can you please let me know if there are any modifications to be made to the project? Would you be able to attach a stripped down version of your project to demonstrate this behavior.

One of our users had a similar issue which got solved on creating a new project. You can find more details here: PSoC 6/ Creator File issues

Please check it out and let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes