is there some way to prevent psoc creator from generating IAR and MDK files?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StKr_1203736
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am building for PSoC 6, and PSoC Creator 4.4 insists on generating IAR and MDK files which I have no use for - and just clutter up an already very cluttered Workspace explorer.
The only message I could find about this is:  https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer-Software/code-setup/td-p/129401?start=0&tstar...
Which does NOT resolve or fix the problem. If the only possible solution is to recreate a very complex workspace from scratch, I won't bother.
My project is (at present) 002-16767_CE216767 PSoC 6 MCU Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Device Firmware Update (DFU).zip, so please DO NOT ask me to upload my project - you already have access to it.
Here is my build settings, so you don't have to ask for it:

StKr_1203736_0-1619105140965.png

And here is an obvious example of the problem: PSoC Creator generates 3 new files (for 3 IDEs) for each of two projects within the workspace:

StKr_1203736_1-1619105254222.png

OK, now just to reiterate, so I don't get the standard non-answers: You already have access to my complete project, BECAUSE IT IS ONE OF YOUR EXAMPLES, and I have provided a screen shot of my Build Settings, SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR IT.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @StKr_1203736

I tried manually removing the files from the PDL templates but PSoC Creator did not allow that and it had a hard requirement for the startup files for all the toolchains. I checked with the internal team regarding this. They confirmed that we cannot remove this dependency during project creation at the moment.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @StKr_1203736

I tried manually removing the files from the PDL templates but PSoC Creator did not allow that and it had a hard requirement for the startup files for all the toolchains. I checked with the internal team regarding this. They confirmed that we cannot remove this dependency during project creation at the moment.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes