install kit packages on Creator and just finding them

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TiMi_264191
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First comment on blog 10 sign-ins

I am having trouble locating kit packages that actually download... the links don't seem to work.

Specifically, https://www.cypress.com/file/45116/download for CY8CKIT-030 doesn't work. I did try several others with the same result.

However, the one for CY8CKIT-044 did download but I can not get it to install in Creator.

I am asking where to put the unzipped files or what process or tool to use to install it (them) in Creator such that it shows up on the list of kits. (Yes, I did click the green refresh icon next to "no kit packages installed".) I did look for hints or help in the search and index function of Creator's help feature and kitprog is all I found.

Thanks very much

Tim Miner

I am using PSoC 4.2 at the moment. I see 4.4 is available.

Tim Miner
0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Tim, 

I am guessing you are using Google Chrome. This is a known issue and our internal teams are working on this. 

Meanwhile, please right-click on the link and click on Save Link As to download the exe file.

You should be downloading a .exe file which you can install directly. Can you point me to the CY8CKIT-044 link that you are having trouble with?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Tim, 

I am guessing you are using Google Chrome. This is a known issue and our internal teams are working on this. 

Meanwhile, please right-click on the link and click on Save Link As to download the exe file.

You should be downloading a .exe file which you can install directly. Can you point me to the CY8CKIT-044 link that you are having trouble with?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes