how to clean up/ remove previous versions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Jweaver
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I have several older versions of PSOC creator installed but  I am confused about how the different versions are listed in Windows 10.  For example, see attached jpg, where  there are multiple bootloader host applications but no way of knowing which version without running them.

Question is two-fold:

1) Is there anyway to distinguish between versions before running them?

2) Is it possible to remove all previous versions and just have the latest version- what's the easiest way to do this?

thanks in advance..

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeCo_264681
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I also had this problem after upgrading to Windows 10. I saw PSoC Creator 3.2 and 3.3 in the All Apps >> Cypress  launch column. I right clicked on the older version and selected Uninstall. Before doing this you might want to select Open File Location just to see if it's there and where it is. Of course you can also use the old method via Control Panel but this seems to leave the old version listed in the launch column. If its phantom shadow still appears there, right click and uninstall it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since I update frequently I had the same problem. I used Cypress update manager to de-install all versions and then re-installed Creator 3.3 again.

Bob

0 Likes
JeCo_264681
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I also had this problem after upgrading to Windows 10. I saw PSoC Creator 3.2 and 3.3 in the All Apps >> Cypress  launch column. I right clicked on the older version and selected Uninstall. Before doing this you might want to select Open File Location just to see if it's there and where it is. Of course you can also use the old method via Control Panel but this seems to leave the old version listed in the launch column. If its phantom shadow still appears there, right click and uninstall it.

0 Likes
JaZa_1164481
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given Welcome!

I have PSoC version 4.4 on W10.

But versions 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 are stil there, consuming more than 1 GB each. Can I safely remove those in W10/Configuration manager? The Cypress update manager forbids it.  

0 Likes