dbg:M0051 error, unable to debug anymore

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working with BLE Pioneer Kit and PRoC module.

I have a low power project that has been working for a while.  I ran debug mode a few times successfully in the beginning of its development.

Then my debugging methods shifted to battery mode with my oscilloscope so many changes have been made since it was debugged over USB.

Now I get the error # mentioned in Subject, which comes up just as the first line in main loop is highlighted yellow and the debug mode disappears and error appears.

Attached is image at that point.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

How are you debugging the device the message says that you have lost connection to your PSOC board.  I would check the device manage for your device is is listed? Try uninstalling the device and reinstalling it in Windows.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes SWD is still active.

NEW CLUE: can't debug other example projects either

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

How are you debugging the device the message says that you have lost connection to your PSOC board.  I would check the device manage for your device is is listed? Try uninstalling the device and reinstalling it in Windows.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been always been able to program my PRoC Module without error.  This only happens when try to debug.  I have extensively connected and removed the USB cable during battery testing and never has the Pioneer Kit been not recognized.

After the error I can immediately program my Module successfully.  Thanks for the ideas but not likely device driver connection issue I think.

Not sure how to uninstall driver, just shows up as one of 7 HID-compliant Devices

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is a (free) software at nirsoft.net named usbdeview64 (for 64-bit systems) that allows for de-installation of drivers connected to USB-ports on a pc.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, great little program.

But uninstall and reinstall of correct KitProg (1.2.3.3)  driver still gives error.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Last chance: Create a MyCase or try some Voodoo  😉

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

🙂 already got case going with first response that got me to reinstall BLE Pioneer Kit firmware, unfortunately no cigars, stand-by.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

OK, so Voodoo remains.

Bob

0 Likes