after windows update psoc creator software can't find my psoc board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
masi_4478906
Level 1
Level 1

hello cypress community, this is my first post here, i hope that someone can help me.

i forgot my psoc 4 cy8ckit-042-ble connected to the pc during the windows update and now PSoC creator can't find it.

in the device manager of windows i can find my PSoC board but i can't program it because the software don't find it.

i use a psoc 4 cy8ckit-042-ble. when i connect the board to the usb port the led turn on for few second and after turn off, such as the board isn't connected.

scuse me for my english, thanks to all and good work!

edit

in the device manager i find "kitprog programmer" and "kitprog uart" in the group of "other device" with an another  called "unknown device", all three icons show a yellow triangle with this symbol "!" inside.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi masi_4478906

Please follow these steps to manually bind driver software of KitProg from the PSoC Programmer installation directory.

1.     Right click on 'KitProg' and select 'Update Driver Software'.

2.     Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

3.     Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

4.     Click 'Next'.

5.     Click on 'Have Disk'. Please ensure that you do not miss this step.

6.     Browse and select the following file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg2\KitProg2UART.inf

7.     After this, try 'Upgrade Firmware' in PSoC Programmer under 'Utilities' tab.

This might fix your issue. Also, please share a screenshot of PSoC Programmer when the device is connected if the issue persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi masi_4478906

Please follow these steps to manually bind driver software of KitProg from the PSoC Programmer installation directory.

1.     Right click on 'KitProg' and select 'Update Driver Software'.

2.     Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

3.     Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

4.     Click 'Next'.

5.     Click on 'Have Disk'. Please ensure that you do not miss this step.

6.     Browse and select the following file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg2\KitProg2UART.inf

7.     After this, try 'Upgrade Firmware' in PSoC Programmer under 'Utilities' tab.

This might fix your issue. Also, please share a screenshot of PSoC Programmer when the device is connected if the issue persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes