Windows 10 won't load HID device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jasmc_283551
Level 1
Level 1

We have a product that runs great on Windows 7, bootloader works great.  However, with the deployment of Windows 10, when we put the board into bootloader mode, Windows 10 won't load a device driver.  I get the following error in Device Manager:  “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”

And when I try to force it to use the .inf file generated by compiling the bootloader project, I get:

“The folder you specified doesn’t contain a compatible software driver for your device.  If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.”

I updated all the modules in Creator 4.1 and recompiled; same problem.

This seems to be a Win 10 driver issue, but not sure what path to pursue next.

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

1) Are you using the Creator code example USB Bootloader project?

2) If not can you try using the same and check if you have any issues?

3) In which version of Win 10 are you facing the issue?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

1 - I started with the example and it works fine in Win 7, disconnect the device from one computer attach to the Win 10 and the error shows up.  Using Win 7 I can update the FW on the device no problem and the application we wrote that initiates the bootloader on the device works in Win 10; until the device is in "Bootloader mode" and then Win 10 doesn't recognize the device and won't load a driver.

2 - See above

3 - 10.0.14393 Build 14393 64-bit

Thank you,

Jason

0 Likes

Hello Jason,

Can you try upgrading the Windows 10 and check this again? At our end we are able to see this. Can you also try programming the USB_HID code example from PSoC Creator and check if that is working fine?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes