What could cause the Component Update Tool to describe the current version as 'unknown' and offer an earlier version?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
maha_1664031
Level 1
Level 1

For example, the project (developed on a different PC) uses USBFS 3.20.

The Component Update Tool shows the Current Version as '3.20 (Unknown)' and the New Version as 3.10.

The internet connection is fine.  Both PCs have PSoC Creator 4.1 Update 1.

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a method to debug this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I was curious to know what the underlying cause might be, rather than to 'blindly' fix it by uninstalling and re-installing.

I was able to work around the problem by accepting the downgrade of the project components.  This allowed me to build and debug on that PC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello,

Firstly, can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Creator4.1 UP1 in the system.

Can you please post the project to check whether this is a system specific issue.

please try these steps-

#2 Open PSoC Creator 4.1 UP1

#3 Tools -> Find new components

#4 Search 'USB'

#5 Select version USBFSv3.20

#6 Click 'Install Checked Components'

0 Likes

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I was curious to know what the underlying cause might be, rather than to 'blindly' fix it by uninstalling and re-installing.

I was able to work around the problem by accepting the downgrade of the project components.  This allowed me to build and debug on that PC.

0 Likes