Trying To Use emWin Graphics Library With PSoC 5: Getting Undefined Symbol `RomVectors' Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to use the emWin library with a PSoC 5. However, at build time, I get the error: "undefined symbol `RomVectors' referenced in expression" from the compiler it what I think is the final compile step (creating the final hex file).

It is loading up the cm3gcc.ld file when I double click on the error, which has references to the RomVectors symbol (e.g. "PROVIDE(__cs3_interrupt_vector = RomVectors); *(.romvectors).") This file is the "Linker script for ARM M-profile Simulator".

I have successfully used the emWin library with the PSoC 3 before and have not had this error. The project compiled fine before I started installing the emWin library, although this error doesn't seem directly related to the emWin library anyway.

A google search on this error brings up almost no useful information. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
DaSi_281136
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

A few years later but just got the same error after upgrading to version 3.3

The project used to compile just fine before the upgrade.

Five years later and still searches bring up nothing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So frustrating, I can't still solve this problem, just one day it stop compiling and threw this error, even though code never changed. Not sure if cypress auto upgraded without my knowing, but regardless I cannot solve this issue even trying uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it. Really Stupid.

0 Likes
brgrc_2388136
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

I experienced the same error after removing (disabling) a "Bootloadable" component from my .cysch file.  I believe the main problem is that there is still code and config files in the "Generated_Source" folder that needs to be re-generated after changing the component.  I removed my "Generated_Source" folder and let the tool re-generate it and my problem is fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that fixed it for me! Thanks so much!

0 Likes