Thermistor component bug report?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiGa_4628081
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I'm seeing a bug in the thermistor 1.20 component in PSoC Creator  4.2 (4.2.0.641).  When I choose "equation" from the component GUI, the generated source fails to properly define the equation macro.  Is anyone else seeing this (yes I have cleaned and re-built the project and restarted PSoC Creator)?

Obviously I know how to fix it, but since they switch to community support from dedicated support, I wasn't sure where to report this.

combined error snips.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks for trying to report the issue to us. The developer community is moderated by Cypress engineers, so your issues will be looked into.

Now regarding the issue you have reported, the error is not due to the wrong macro definition. Thermistor_Thermopile_IMPLEMENTATION is the parameter which is being updated. When using the equation implementation method with the GCC compiler, you must specify inclusion of the math library in the Linker options of the Build Settings dialog by entering “m” in Additional libraries field, as shown in the following figure.

pastedImage_0.png

This information is available in the component datasheet. This should solve the problem at your end.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks for trying to report the issue to us. The developer community is moderated by Cypress engineers, so your issues will be looked into.

Now regarding the issue you have reported, the error is not due to the wrong macro definition. Thermistor_Thermopile_IMPLEMENTATION is the parameter which is being updated. When using the equation implementation method with the GCC compiler, you must specify inclusion of the math library in the Linker options of the Build Settings dialog by entering “m” in Additional libraries field, as shown in the following figure.

pastedImage_0.png

This information is available in the component datasheet. This should solve the problem at your end.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Thank you Vasanth, yes this solved the problem.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

JiGa,

For faster speed and more precise result use Fast Thermistor calculator

Fast Thermistor Calculator

/odissey1

0 Likes