Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I have a somewhat strange issue with the static analysis. I basically need a 24bit-counter which is driven by an internal clock (MASTER/3). Since it is 24 bits, it needs to be UDB-based, and therefore needs a sync clock. For that I also use an internal clock (MASTER/1). Now I get the warning that there is a clock path between these two clock, and they are not synchronized:

Warning: sta.M0019: Design01_timing.html: Warning-1350: Path(s) exist between clocks Clock_1(routed) and Clock_2, but the clocks are not synchronous to each other: (ClockBlock/dclk_0, \Counter_1:CounterUDB:sC24:counterdp:u2\/ci)  (File=D:\dev\psoc\freqmeter\Design01.cydsn\codegentemp\Design01_timing.html)

Warning: sta.M0019: Design01_timing.html: Warning-1366: Setup time violation found in a path from clock ( Clock_2 ) to clock ( Clock_2 ). (File=D:\dev\psoc\freqmeter\Design01.cydsn\codegentemp\Design01_timing.html)

But both clocks are set to 'synced'. This is part of a larger project, but I have reduced it to this simple example - see the attachement.

What is the problem here, and how can I avoid it?

0 Likes
2 Replies