Strange problem with custom component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked
I built a new custom component and as usual (in former times ) I used a text-field for the component name containing  `=$INSTANCE_NAME` which expands quite correct.
But when I put the component on the topdesign and choose a lengthy name the last characters get cut off instead of expanding the text to the left as done in the other components. Where is the missing setting???
I attached the component project, please check.
Bob
0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Bob,

It appears that the text has a property Size, so it clips the text. I don't know where this came from, maybe that is evolution of the Creator 4.2. On top I added a standard text label, aligned TopRight. It has no Size property, and text expands as expected. I suggest just to replace component name with a standard label.

/odissey1

CySym_1a.png

TopDesign_1a.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Bob,

It appears that the text has a property Size, so it clips the text. I don't know where this came from, maybe that is evolution of the Creator 4.2. On top I added a standard text label, aligned TopRight. It has no Size property, and text expands as expected. I suggest just to replace component name with a standard label.

/odissey1

CySym_1a.png

TopDesign_1a.png

0 Likes