Programming step gets stuck suddenly

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I have a recurring issue that happens very often when I try to program my mote. After clicking on Debug/Program, sometimes the programming step gets stuck at, for example, "Programming - 8 of 1024 blocks" (it's not always 8... can be any number, yesterday it got stuck at 1022). After that, a window pops up saying "There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (103 - Failed to program the chip!). I have to unplug and plug back my USB cable (sometimes twice) to fix the problem. Any idea of what could be wrong? Thank you.   
0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There were reports concerning the USB-cable. Try another (shorter) one.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob, I have not yet tried with another USB cable but I will.

Will let you know if it's better or no.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Well, I tried different USB cables but the problem is still there, and even stronger than ever. Now it get stuck almost all the time. I'm "lucky" when it is not... I'm losing so much time because of that problem.

Could it be the MiniProg? Or Windows? Or the computer I am using?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to create a MyCase. On top of this page "Support&Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase". Describe your problem and leave a phone-number, you'll get help from Cypress directly.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob. I just created a case. If Cypress find what is wrong, I will come back here to give an update.

0 Likes
MiRe_1607246
Level 2
Level 2

I have same problem. The programing is working well if is power supply 1.8V if is power supply higer that 1.8V the PSoc Creator calling There was an error while programming the device: PSoC Programmer reported error (103 - Failed to program the chip!)

There was an error running the Programmer to configure the device. Try lowering the clock speed used for communication in the Options dialog, under Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration. If the problem persists, make sure that the Programmer for this debug target is properly installed and ready to use.

I changed clocked frequvency but error is continuing.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Michal.

You did not tell us what your programmer is (miniprog3? Kitprog?) and what your target board is. Self made? a Cypress kit?

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiRe_1607246
Level 2
Level 2

hello Bob,

my programmer is miniprog 3 and board is my for generate harmonic signal with minimal THD (20Hz - 20kHz).

my chip is CY8C5468AXI_LP042

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I cannot open your .brd or .sch files, When your board is not designed for running at 1.8V only, you probably have a flaw in the power connections and the needed caps.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiRe_1607246
Level 2
Level 2

My bord is designet for 3,3V operating. If i use external supply 1,8V - 2,5V for borad programing is working well but if I connect external 3,3V power supply, programming didn't working (error - 103 - Failed to program the chip!). 

0 Likes
MiRe_1607246
Level 2
Level 2

Problem is solved. The chip was ill. The all analog pheripherals doesn't work and the all supply was well. I changed chip and now is working well all. Sorry my mistake 

0 Likes