Pins-phantoms after copying

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I very often to create a new project by copying it fragments from previous projects.
However, I found the problem:
I needed more pins, and I did not create anything and copied some of the other project.
Both projects use PSoC Creator 3.0 SP2 (3.0.0.3140)
The result - in the screenshot below.
It certainly is not terrible, all the problems are visible and they are easy to fix, but maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg.
So I have a question:
Can I copy components from one project to another?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is not the tip of an iceberg, but of an ice-cube 😉

You just have forgotten to disable again the "Suppress API Gen" for some pins which has been enabled in the original code.

Merry Christmas!

Bob

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

Thank you, Bob. You're right.
I never used the function CY_SUPPRESS_API_GEN.
Apparently I copied this from another project.
It is curious how much I win if I use CY_SUPPRESS_API_GEN = true.
I never really thought about it.

Merry Christmas!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, by disabling code generation you have the opportunity to change some of the originally generated code without the effect of being overwritten at the time of a new build.

I consider this solution only as an intermediate state or for a QnD hack since it may not follow a component version change or a compiler upgrade. I even delete from time to time the folder "Generated Sources" in Creator to do a "Clean and build" from scratch or to get smaller archives. Since I never follow the way of including my interrupt handlers into the generated files I am fine off with that.

Bob

0 Likes