PSoC Programmer using CMSIS-DAP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gussabina
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello:

I'm trying to flash a ARS6501 device (PSoC CY8c4147azi-s445 inside) using CMSIS-DAP and PSoC Programmer 3.29.0

The SWD adapter is detected by the programmer, however, the device is never acquired. I tried multiple times, with different CMSIS-DAP versions (v1, v1.1 and v2.0) but none worked! I always get "FAILED! PSoC device is not acquired! Check connection of the chip to the programmer..." error.

I checked all connections many times, and also probing the signals with the scope and I can see RST, SWCLK and SWDIO toggling trying to get response from device, but no luck so far... Only thing I notice is RST pulse is only 50ns, which seems to be small compared to what the PSoC Programming Specification states; however, I don't see how to actually change this as it's supposed to be handle by the programmer software.

Also tried two devices with same behavior so I don't think it's the device.

So my question is; it's really possible to acquire the device using CMSIS-DAP?

Thanks in advance;

Gus

0 Likes
1 Solution
gussabina
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Thanks, Roy.

Just in case someone else is going through the same issue, the best solution at the moment is to buy a very cheap ($20) kit and use the KitProg2 included in it;

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-149-psoc-4100s-plus-prototyping...

(I saw people that used CMSIS-DAP in the past, but they state the should use an specific version of PSoC Programmer, as newer versions have issues with this type of adapters, so I guess this is what happened in my tests...)

Regards;

Gus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies