PSoC Programmer using CMSIS-DAP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gussabina
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello:

I'm trying to flash a ARS6501 device (PSoC CY8c4147azi-s445 inside) using CMSIS-DAP and PSoC Programmer 3.29.0

The SWD adapter is detected by the programmer, however, the device is never acquired. I tried multiple times, with different CMSIS-DAP versions (v1, v1.1 and v2.0) but none worked! I always get "FAILED! PSoC device is not acquired! Check connection of the chip to the programmer..." error.

I checked all connections many times, and also probing the signals with the scope and I can see RST, SWCLK and SWDIO toggling trying to get response from device, but no luck so far... Only thing I notice is RST pulse is only 50ns, which seems to be small compared to what the PSoC Programming Specification states; however, I don't see how to actually change this as it's supposed to be handle by the programmer software.

Also tried two devices with same behavior so I don't think it's the device.

So my question is; it's really possible to acquire the device using CMSIS-DAP?

Thanks in advance;

Gus

0 Likes
1 Solution
gussabina
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, Roy.

Just in case someone else is going through the same issue, the best solution at the moment is to buy a very cheap ($20) kit and use the KitProg2 included in it;

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-149-psoc-4100s-plus-prototyping...

(I saw people that used CMSIS-DAP in the past, but they state the should use an specific version of PSoC Programmer, as newer versions have issues with this type of adapters, so I guess this is what happened in my tests...)

Regards;

Gus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Take a look at the other ASR6501 programming discussion, check if it can help you.

Solved: Cannot connect Kitpro to Psoc 4100S Plus CY8C4147A... - Cypress Developer Community

Roy Liu
0 Likes
gussabina
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, Roy.

Just in case someone else is going through the same issue, the best solution at the moment is to buy a very cheap ($20) kit and use the KitProg2 included in it;

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-149-psoc-4100s-plus-prototyping...

(I saw people that used CMSIS-DAP in the past, but they state the should use an specific version of PSoC Programmer, as newer versions have issues with this type of adapters, so I guess this is what happened in my tests...)

Regards;

Gus

0 Likes
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Thanks for the sharing Gus.

Just wanted to point out  KitProg3 (cypress.com) would be helpful for understanding the difference of different version Kitprog.

Roy Liu
0 Likes