PSoC Creator hangs for 20-30 seconds as I edit code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiFl_1166056
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Has anyone else seen this problem?  PSoC Creator 4.2 on Windows 7-64.  PC is respectably fast (Intel Xeon E3-1245 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM), and I don't have trouble with any other apps.

The delay usually happens when I change a line of code (i.e. I can type on a line, but when I hit ENTER or paste a new line, then it hangs).  I just get a scrolling cursor for 20 to 30 seconds and Windows says "not responding".  It also takes an unreasonably long time to enter or exit a debugging session.  I wonder if the problem is related to the syntax checker or corporate antivirus.  I have done "Clean and Rebuild All Projects" several times, with no effect.

Obviously, this is infuriating and kills my productivity.  It's been happening for months but seems to be getting worse.

All suggestions welcome.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I've had slow behavior before when debugging, which was due to having a really large array in the watch variables.

Have you also tried rebooting your computer?

0 Likes

Thanks.  I've run across that issue too, but this problem happens while editing code.

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi WiFl_1166056​,

Can you please provide the following information -

1. Are you facing this issue in all the projects or a particular project?

2. Is your project stored locally or on a network?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Excellent questions Rakshith. 

The project is stored locally, not on the network.

Regarding performance on different projects; as luck would have it, the problem has not occurred yesterday or today.  The next time it gets in to the weird mood, I'll check a different project/workspace and update this thread.

Thanks,

-Will

0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

Today it is hanging again.  I opened another workspace simultaneously in another instance of PSoC Creator, and it is not hanging (but there is a small lag of 1/2 second after adding a new line of code).  I also noticed that it appeared that my first project did not hang while the second workspace was loading.

As I mentioned before, the entire project is stored locally.

Thanks,

-Will

0 Likes

Hi WiFl_1166056,

I am sorry that you are facing the same issue again. Like you said, PSoC Creator should not be hanging considering your PC specifications.

Can you try the following steps -

1. Disable your antivirus and/or firewall.

2. Reboot your system.

3. See if this fixes your issue.

4. If not, uninstall PSoC Creator, repeat steps 1 and 2, and reinstall PSoC Creator.

I am trying to reproduce your issue in multiple systems. Till now I have not been successful and PSoC Creator does not hang while editing the code.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
ShYa_2805961
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I also encounter this before.

When I open some big applications, such as some Visual Studio, PSOC Creater, Candance and so on. Then PSOC Creator will be very easy to exit automatically or hang.

At that times, I usually reboot computer, then close some un-necessary applications, then this problems is solved.

Thanks

0 Likes