PSoC Creator frequently fails starting the debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BoSc_1602471
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi all,

When I'm using the PSoC Creator (4.2,4.3) to start a debug session,

after programming the device,

it frequently fails with the message

Error: dbg.M0007: The run request failed.  Encountered error (Invalid thread id: 1)

Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: No error.)

this occurs every second start (in average).

I'm using the CY8KIT-059, plugged directly into an USB-3.0 Hub.

OS is Win10-64.

Any suggestions?

Please help!

Tnx, Bodo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello BoSc_1602471​,

Can you please let me know if you have enabled device protection in the System tab in the .cydwr file? Also, is the Debug Select set to SWD(serial wire debug).

Are you facing this issue in one project or all projects?

Please refer to this thread and let me know if it helps - "Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)"

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Bodo,

This may happen due to imperfect connection between the Hub and the prototyping kit also. To check if this is the cause, you can test with any other PSoC development kit from Cypress. Please update the same if you are facing the same issue.

Please go through the following troubleshooting guide also.

Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hello Ganesh,

I have tried with different hubs (USB2.0 / 3.0) and different Kits (of the same kind), but it always showed the same problem.

I have a PSoC 6 kit here, but haven't had time to try that one,

Regards,

Bodo

0 Likes

Hello BoSc_1602471​,

Can you please let me know if you have enabled device protection in the System tab in the .cydwr file? Also, is the Debug Select set to SWD(serial wire debug).

Are you facing this issue in one project or all projects?

Please refer to this thread and let me know if it helps - "Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Remote communication error: No error.)"

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes