PSoC Creator 4.4 Installation/Uninstallation Issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DavideM
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi all,

few days ago I successfully downloaded and installed PSoC Creator 4.4. Yesterday, after some days of use, when I opened PSoC Creator the following error appeared:

2021-03-17 07.59.27.jpg

So, I attempted to uninstall PSoC Creator but I couldn't proceed with the installation as the following error was thrown:

2021-03-17 08.00.29.jpg

And I couldn't complete the uninstallation process. So, at the moment PSoC Creator 4.4 does not appear among the installed programs in the Control Panel, but in Cypress Update Manager I can still see it:

2021-03-17 08.01.58.jpg

but when I click on "Uninstall", a network error appears and the process is not started.

Did anyone of you already experience such error? Do you have any idea on how to solve it?

I have PSoC Creator 4.3 up an running, but I would like to solve such problems with Creator 4.4. I'm using Windows 10 in a virtual machine on MacOS using Parallels.

Thanks and best,

Davide

0 Likes
1 Solution
DavideM
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Sampath,

thanks for your reply. A file inside the PSoC Creator 4.4 installation folder was corrupted (I don't know why), so I had to run chkdsk /f C: in order to fix that. After checking the disk, I was able to install PSoC Creator 4.4 and everything is now working.

Davide

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Davide,

The issue you are facing, seems like an error in the installer file. Can you kindly

• Download the installer again
  • Login as administrator, or run the installer as administrator

As an additional resource, please refer to this KBA: Troubleshooting PSoC® Creator™ Issues - KBA217546.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
DavideM
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Sampath,

thanks for your reply. A file inside the PSoC Creator 4.4 installation folder was corrupted (I don't know why), so I had to run chkdsk /f C: in order to fix that. After checking the disk, I was able to install PSoC Creator 4.4 and everything is now working.

Davide

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Davide, 

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes