PSoC Creator (4.4.0.80) not copying some PDL files to working directory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiFl_1166056
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I have a project that runs fine.  I committed it to SVN. Then I added an RTC component and committed the project update to SVN, except I forgot to add the new PDL files to SVN.

When a colleague checks-out the project from SVN, these RTC PDL files are, of course, missing.  But why can't I get PSoC Creator to recreate them, or copy from the selected PDL library directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL ?  I can copy them manually, but why won't PSoC Creator do it?

I tried Clean And Rebuild.  No effect.

I tried deleting the component and re-adding it.  No effect.

Here's the error message.

Failed while attempting to update project 'ProjectName': Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Projects\CompanyName\PCBName\Firmware\branches\PinsForCY8CKIT-062-BLE\ProjectName.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\drivers\peripheral\rtc\cy_rtc.c'..

Thanks

-Will

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Will,

I followed these steps to recreate this issue -

1. I created an empty PSoC 6 project, added the RTC component, and built the project.
  2. I then deleted the cy_rtc.c and cy_rtc.h files from the Generated Source folder.
  3. Built the project again.

On build completion, I checked the rtc folder in Generated Source and I could find the driver files again and the build succeeded.

Can you try performing a Clean action followed by deleting the entire Generated Source directory and then building the project?

Please keep a backup of the project before doing this.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Will,

I followed these steps to recreate this issue -

1. I created an empty PSoC 6 project, added the RTC component, and built the project.
  2. I then deleted the cy_rtc.c and cy_rtc.h files from the Generated Source folder.
  3. Built the project again.

On build completion, I checked the rtc folder in Generated Source and I could find the driver files again and the build succeeded.

Can you try performing a Clean action followed by deleting the entire Generated Source directory and then building the project?

Please keep a backup of the project before doing this.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

That worked!

Good job!

0 Likes