PSoC Creator 4.2 and M-Series Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-044 "Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_Blue(0)' cannot be placed at P6[5]." P6[5] is the correct pin, how do I clear this error?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been working with PSoC Creator and the M-Series Pioneer Kit CY8CKIT-044 and the PSoC 101 lessons. So far, so good, but consistently receive the error message "Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_Blue(0)' cannot be placed at P6[5]." when I try to use the blue LED on the board. I am confident that pin 6[5] is correct (it's even written on the Pioneer board silkscreen).

Perhaps I have the wrong board config in Creator. CY8CKIT046SetupOnlyPackage_RevSA is currently installed. I haven't been able to find an installer that is specific to the CY8CKIT-044 on the Cypress Web site.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jim,

In PSoC 4200M, Port 4 and higher ports do not have a port adapter logic which is required to route the signals originated from or towards the UDB. That is why, the NOT gate (which is implemented in UDB) output routing to P6[5] failing.

-Rajiv

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

CY8CKIT-044 kit files can be downloaded from:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-044-psoc-4-m-series-pioneer-kit

There is a link of "CY8CKIT-044 Kit Only (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) "

If you still can not assign P6[5], click file->create a bundle -> Compress Archive (Minimal) -> Click Archive, then share the archived project here, so that someone in the forum can help double-check the code.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ryan -

Many Thanks for your quick reply — sorry it’s taken me a few days to get back to the project.

I downloaded the files and installed them as you requested, and encountered the same problem: "fit.M0049: Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_Blue(0)' cannot be placed at P6[5]. P6 cannot be used for routed connections."  I've included a screenshot for clarity.

PastedGraphic-1.png

This problem is present any time I try to use the Blue LED. I’ve attached an archive of the Workspace as requested.

Thanks again for your help,

Jim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the screenshot didn't make the last reply. It is attached to this message.

Thanks again,

Jim

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jim,

PinAssign.png

In normal cases, P6[5] is not available for this assignment. PSoC Creator will identify pins available automatically, however if there is something errors before assigning pins, the identification could be failed.

PSoC 4 Pin Assignment Issue in PSoC Creator – KBA222096

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jim,

In PSoC 4200M, Port 4 and higher ports do not have a port adapter logic which is required to route the signals originated from or towards the UDB. That is why, the NOT gate (which is implemented in UDB) output routing to P6[5] failing.

-Rajiv