PSoC Creator 4.1: Code editor / AutoComplete feature not showing all contens

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

Currently I'm on a small CapSense project on a CY8CKIT-059 (PSoC 5LP). I want to transmit the raw data and baseline data values to PC. For the raw data value, there's an API function 'CapSense_CSD_ReadSensorRaw()', which get's the sensor number as parameter and returns the raw data.

In the project auto generated CapSense_CSD.h file, there's a definition 'CapSense_CSD_SENSOR_BUTTON0__BTN', which I think is the corresponding parameter value to read out the raw data. This definition doesn't show up in the AutoComplete list. If I input this manually (copy & paste) as parameter to ReadSensorRaw() function, it's accepted. So I think the AutoComplete list doesn't get all definition, etc. Not a big issue, but...

Anyone can verify this behavior? I don't know if other components are affected also.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Anks,

the semantic parsing option was already enabled. I changed the macro filtering from 'show all except system defines' to 'show all'. Maybe then the defined symbol will show up. However, this would only be a workaround IMHO - the sensor definition I mentioned above should be accessible for the user. Otherwise the CapSense component couldn't be used in the right way. Right?

Regards,

Ralf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please check your setting by going to Tools>Option>Text Editor>Sematic Parsing, there you have to enable Autocompelete feature in Creator. PSoC Creator4.1 Update1 has been released

0 Likes

Hi Anks,

the semantic parsing option was already enabled. I changed the macro filtering from 'show all except system defines' to 'show all'. Maybe then the defined symbol will show up. However, this would only be a workaround IMHO - the sensor definition I mentioned above should be accessible for the user. Otherwise the CapSense component couldn't be used in the right way. Right?

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes

That Macro suggestion in AutoComplete will be helpful in coding.But it will not effect in CapSense component Functioning.BTW this macro comes in suggestion in latest CSD component.Please check by updating the components by Right Clicking the project and choosing "Update Components " option in Creator4.1 Update1