PSoC Creator 4.0 - CAN Broken

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Our safety-critical product that comprises several PSoC 5LP devices as well as a Stellaris Luminary micro (LM3S9B96) communicates with each other via CAN transceivers.  This product is in use in many locations and is not in prototype stage.

Until upgrading to PSoC Creator 4.0, including 2.x, 3.x versions, we have had zero issues with the CAN operation.  Performing a seamless upgrade from 3.3 CP3 to 4.0, the CAN modules no longer operate as expected.  I have attempted multiple 'do-that-upgrade-again' scenarios, making sure I've exited the Creator and restarted the application, and more, I continue to see total disruption of CAN traffic.  I have deleted the component, and re-inserted it into the schematic, re-configured it to match the prior configuration.  All my efforts have been in vain.

Because of this, I am forced to forego upgrading to PSoC Creator 4.0, and will remain behind at 3.3 CP3.  I have not spent the time to dig into what the effects PSoC Creator 4.0 has on the CAN traffic itself, nor should I have to if PSoC Creator 4.0 is billed to be a straightforward, recommended-by-Cypress upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please check the Interrupt,System ,Clock settings ( available in .cydwr file)  from project in PC3.3 and set them same in PC4.0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No joy.  All clock setup boxes and settings are identical!  Changed some, put them back, still no joy.

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hey Matt,

Absolutely this should be a painless migration.  Can you file a MyCase and make sure they collaborate me (Matt Landrum, mdl@cypress.com)?

One other question.  Which version of the CAN Component are you using?  3.0?

This info is in the "Built-in" tab of the component configurator (double click on the component).

Sorry you are having this problem.

--Matt

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee

The developers have tried reproducing but can't.  We really need a test case if possible.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt L.,

Thanks for your attention to this matter.  I've been (very) busy.  This topic will be certainly more interesting in the near future because, due to TI terminating the Luminary LM3 parts (we were screwed), we'll be replacing the CPU with another (e.g. STM32, TI TM4C, etc.) - and it will be carefully chosen based on its ability to talk to the PSoC 5LP CAN transceivers.  I'll let you know, directly, when I return to this topic soon.  The problem hasn't gone anyplace ... but I'm not hurting because Creator 3.3 works just fine and 4.0 doesn't offer much for now except those make files I'm interested in ...

0 Likes
mattl_01
Employee
Employee

Okey doke.  If/when you file a support ticket (or I can file one for you), let me know.  Drop me an email at mdl@cypress.com.  I have filed a CDT (Cypress Defect Tracking) with the tracking number of 258769. It has had some preliminary investigation done.  You may want to refer to that.

Thanks for using PSoC!

--Matt

0 Likes